You need a home loan. What does it matter where you get the loan? Mortgage companies are all the same, right? Wrong.
We are a lender, but we are not a bank.
- Banks have limited loan options.
- Banks typically have conservative loan guidelines.
- Banks are a one-stop-shop for all kinds of loans, checking accounts, savings accounts, money orders, and wire transfers. They don’t just specialize in home loans.
- Banks typically have a long processing time.
- Underwriting, appraising, and all aspects of a loan have to flow through the bank’s bureaucracy.
We focus just on home loans, but we are not a mortgage broker.
- A Mortgage Broker is a middle man that shops for the loan that fits the buyer.
- A Mortgage Broker can find competitive rates, they are not a lending institution that has flexible lending due to long-term business relationships.
- A Mortgage Broker can provide speed and competitive rates, but must mark it up to make a profit and stay in business.
So What are We?
We are a Mortgage Banker. Unlike banks, mortgage bankers concentrate solely on mortgage lending without the distraction of other lending products or personal finance services. We offer the advantages such as the leverage and dependability of a bank and flexibility and competitive rates of a mortgage broker.
- We focus only on home loans.
- We handle the underwriting and all aspects of the loan in-house.
- We offer wholesale loans directly to the buyer.
- CFS is a well-established Chicago Mortgage Banker and has been for 25 years.
- We offer the best of both worlds.
In other words, we are not like all the other companies. We’re different.